- Click here for the most updated Internships and Job Opening
- Kwame Raoul, candidate for Attorney General is currently recruiting interns communications, organizing, and policy and research departments. Click here if you are interested in applying for this internship.
- Field Intern – Betsy Dirksen Londrigan for Congress (IL-13) – Illinois Betsy Dirksen Londrigan, Democratic nominee for Congress in Illinois’ 13th Congressional District, is seeking Field Interns to assist her campaign in the general election. Unpaid.[Application link]
- The Illinois Tenth Congressional District Democrats (Tenth Dems) is now accepting applications for its Summer 2018 Internship Program. The internship is a substantive program designed for high school, college, and graduate students seeking an opportunity to become deeply engaged in the political process.
Tenth Dems is a grassroots political organization that helps mobilize voters and interest groups in one of the most widely watched and intensely contested Congressional districts in the country.
This is the ideal time to complete a political internship as candidates prepare for the 2018 mid-term election. Assignments include staffing of events and issue forums, door-to-door canvassing with candidates, working in campaign offices, and conducting research. In the past, Tenth Dems interns have staffed events for candidates and elected officials up and down the ballot, including then Senator, now former President Barack Obama and Senator Dick Durbin, among others. Tenth Dems has also held events featuring Let America Vote founder Jason Kander and former Watergate prosecutor Jill Wine-Banks. Interns may also choose to complete specialized assignments in new media, IT management, and political outreach.
Internships are unpaid, educational positions; however, course credit is available from some high schools and colleges.
“This is an opportunity to learn about a grassroots political organization and to develop important skills,” said former State Representative Lauren Beth Gash, a Tenth Dems leader. “Many of our interns have gone on to law school or other graduate programs, as well as paid political positions with local campaigns, and jobs in Springfield, Washington, and with national not-for-profit organizations.”
Acceptance into the program is selective, competitive, and contingent upon an interview. Applicants do not need to reside in the 10th District; however, applicants must have an interest in electing Democrats, be able to travel to our offices, and devote a minimum of 8 hours per week to the internship during the school year, 16 during the summer. Applicants should submit a brief paragraph explaining why they would like to be part of the program, along with a resume summarizing their educational background and activities. Neither need be formal.
To apply or request more information, email us at email@example.com, or call (847) 266-VOTE (8683). You can also “like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter (@tenthdems).
- Jen McMillin, Democratic candidate for IL General Assembly – 101st District, has spots for interns and volunteers with many responsibilities including contacting voters, canvassing and drafting, copyediting and research. Those interested should email jen@thefutureofIllinois.com and submit a resume and 2 references with the subject line: “Jen for State Rep.”
- Bob Morgan, the Democratic candidate for the 58th District (Deerfield, Highland Park, Lake Forest, etc.), is accepting applications for internships with his campaign. Intern positions will be involved with every aspect of this competitive and progressive campaign, including activities such as staffing the candidate, campaign research and press outreach, and joining Bob in door-to-door voter canvassing. Intern time demands can vary, and opportunities exist between now and the November 2018 election. You can learn more about Bob at www.bobmorganforillinois.
com, and anyone interested should send a resume with contact information to bobmorganforillinois@gmail. com.
- J.B. Pritzker for Governor – Entry-level Communications Position
- The Pritzker campaign is looking to hire a clips assistant who will be responsible for media monitoring and managing the campaign press lists.
- Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jan Schakowsky for Congress – Internships & Fellowships (unpaid)
- The internship is geared towards first-time political campaigners and the fellowship is designed for those who have had some experience volunteering or interning on a campaign or similar organization.
- For more information and to apply, see here.
- Position based in Evanston and the Edgewater neighborhood of Chicago.
- The National Democratic Training Committee (NDTC) is looking for interns on an ongoing basis to assist with our daily operations and goal of empowering Democrats who want to run for office.Interns are responsible for supporting various facets of the office. They are expected to work with all team members and various projects, including but not limited to:
- Social Media
- Training Creation & Execution
We are always interested in people who might have a special skill set that is not listed above. If you’re good at what you do and think that skill could work with our organization – let us know! We love having a diverse group of interns.
This internship can be paid or be applied toward school credit. We are located in Downtown Chicago and expect a commitment of at least 15 – 20 hours a week. The internship is best suited for incoming juniors and seniors in college or recent college graduates.
The ideal candidate must be efficient, well-organized, and have a sense of humor. We do not expect interns to come in and know everything, but we do expect an enthusiasm to learn and be a part of our team. We are looking for people who can multi-task, work well with deadlines, follow the news, and are strongly committed to Democratic ideals. Candidates with excellent oral and written communication skills are preferred. Any campaign experience is highly desirable! We are generally flexible with school schedules. If you are enthusiastic and excited about politics and local elections, this is a wonderful opportunity for growth.
Application Process Pass along your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to start the application process.
- New Chicago Consulting Finance Interns
The New Chicago Consulting Internship Program seeks qualified
candidates who are willing to be a part of the team. Interns will have a unique
opportunity to work with the New Chicago Consulting staff as well as clients,
donors, and community groups. The program is for dedicated individuals who
have a strong interest in the multi-faceted political and public affairs realm.
Interns will gain insight into the inner workings of strategic communications,
campaigns, fundraising and political affairs and will assist various duties in their
day-to-day operations. This is an opportunity to work directly with senior staff
members and gain valuable experience for your own career aspirations. We ask
that interns make specific commitments in either a part-time program of at least
20 hours per week or a full-time program of 35 hours per week. Those interested
should fill out the form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf7
Applicants should fill out the application and then email Erika Harris with a
substantive cover letter, 1-2 page resume and 2 references at
- Illinois Women’s Institute for Leadership Staff Interns
Those interested should follow the same application method as with New
Chicago Consulting (above).
- Digital Producer – Andy Manar for State Senate
- Field Organizer – Andy Manar for Senate
- Digital Intern – Run the World
- Graphic Design Intern – Run the World
Internships Dan Kovats 2018-05-07T18:33:23+00:00