- Ameya Pawar: a New Deal for Illinois – Summer interns are accepted on a rolling basis before July 1. Unpaid, class credit offered, minimum 12 hours/week. To apply, please email your summer availability and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bob Daiber for Governor – Summer interns are accepted on a rolling basis. If interested, please send a current resume, a paragraph about why you are interested in joining our campaign, and your availability to: Bob@BobDaiber.com.
- JB Pritzker for Governor – Join the JB for Governor campaign as a student intern! Tell us about yourself, why you’d like to join, and let us know when you’re available. Student internships are a great way to volunteer for the campaign while you’re in school, or on break, and gain valuable experience in political organizing in Illinois. Click here to submit your information.
- The National Democratic Training Committee (NDTC) is looking for interns on an ongoing basis to assist with our daily operations and goal of empowering Democrats who want to run for office.Interns are responsible for supporting various facets of the office. They are expected to work with all team members and various projects, including but not limited to:
- Social Media
- Training Creation & Execution
We are always interested in people who might have a special skill set that is not listed above. If you’re good at what you do and think that skill could work with our organization – let us know! We love having a diverse group of interns.
This internship can be paid or be applied toward school credit. We are located in Downtown Chicago and expect a commitment of at least 15 – 20 hours a week. The internship is best suited for incoming juniors and seniors in college or recent college graduates.
The ideal candidate must be efficient, well-organized, and have a sense of humor. We do not expect interns to come in and know everything, but we do expect an enthusiasm to learn and be a part of our team. We are looking for people who can multi-task, work well with deadlines, follow the news, and are strongly committed to Democratic ideals. Candidates with excellent oral and written communication skills are preferred. Any campaign experience is highly desirable! We are generally flexible with school schedules. If you are enthusiastic and excited about politics and local elections, this is a wonderful opportunity for growth.
Application ProcessPass along your resume and cover letter to Emily@traindemocrats.org to start the application process.
- Chris Kennedy for Illinois – Summer interns are accepted on a rolling basis. Unpaid, class credit offered, minimum 12 hours/week. To apply, email your spring/summer availability, preferred intern concentration (research, fundraising, communications or political), and resume to Internship/volunteer coordinator: Tramaine@Kennedyforillinois.com.
- Friends of Cheri Bustos is seeking interns for the summer.
This internship program will provide applicants the opportunity to work alongside campaign staff, receive training from political professionals, and work across campaign departments. As one of the DCCC’s 19 Frontline races for 2018, we’re looking forward to building a great team of interns working on this exciting race.– Field– Assist field staff in the recruitment and management of volunteers– Phonebanking and canvassing voters– Data entry for voter and donor contact– Convey the grassroots message of the campaign on social mediaFinance– Performing donor research– Assist in the management of event planning, including calling invitees and tracking RSVPs– Data entry pertinent to fundraising– Assisting with fundraising mailingsOther Tasks– Staffing campaign events and activities– Providing support to campaign events (do advance work, map out event logistics, arrange for event set up and breakdown, etc)To apply, please email a brief cover letter, resume, and possible start date to email@example.com. Feel free to address this email account for any questions. NOTE: This is an unpaid internship. All interns should have access to reliable transportation, a laptop computer and cell phone. All interns should also have some evening and weekend availability.
- Brad Schneider for Congress (IL-10) – Seeking energetic and hardworking interns with a passion for Democratic politics and organizing. No prior experience is necessary. Fill out this form, and send an email titled “YOUR NAME – Internship Application” with a PDF of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Amanda Howland for Congress (IL-06) – For questions concerning internship and volunteering opportunities, please reach out to TeamAmanda@AmandaHowland.com.
- Austin Songer for Congress (IL-06) – For questions concerning internships, please contact email@example.com.
- Kelly Mazeski (IL-06) – For questions concerning internship and volunteering opportunities, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jim Walz for Congress (IL-14) – Please submit a short statement of interest and current resume to email@example.com. Hours are flexible as long as the work gets done.
- Victor Swanson for Congress (IL-14) – For questions concerning internships, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships Dan Kovats