- Click here for more information on the Illinois Tenth Congressional District Democrats (Tenth Dems) 2017 Summer Internship Program
- Pawar for Governor campaign is currently looking for summer interns. Applicants can apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- The Kennedy for Illinois campaign is looking for research, fundraising, communications and political interns to join our downtown Chicago office for the 2018 Governor race. The internship program for Spring 2017, and Summer 2017.Interns for the campaign will learn and implement skills like research, fundraising, communications, all of which is crucial to political, non-profit, and corporate campaign support and management. They are generally undergraduate upperclassman, recent graduates, or graduate students in law or the social sciences. Interns who succeed may have the opportunity of later paid work. Our interns have gone on to become campaign managers, field organizers, opposition researchers, lobbyists and media associates. We require interns to work 12 hours each week, within the parameters of a regular Monday through Friday, 9:30AM to 5:30PM, work schedule. Internships are unpaid, but we offer class credit.
Resumes will be accepted on a rolling basis. Interns will be paired with a supervisor who will assign work either on a day-to-day basis or larger long-term projects depending on what is needed. While many projects will not require specific training, some projects will involve the use of unfamiliar software. Staff will walk through each project with Interns to familiarize them with what is required and are always available to answer questions and give guidance. Interns can expect to improve their research skills, writing abilities and overall knowledge concerning state government and elections.
To apply, email your spring availability, preferred intern concentration, and resume to Internship/volunteer coordinator: Tramaine@Kennedyforillinois.com.
- Friends of Cheri Bustos is seeking interns for the summer.
This internship program will provide applicants the opportunity to work alongside campaign staff, receive training from political professionals, and work across campaign departments. As one of the DCCC’s 19 Frontline races for 2018, we’re looking forward to building a great team of interns working on this exciting race.Previous campaign experience is not required – we want to teach! Interns must commit to working a minimum of 20 hours a week. Our interns will assist field, finance, and political departments within the campaign.– Field– Assist field staff in the recruitment and management of volunteers– Phonebanking and canvassing voters– Data entry for voter and donor contact– Convey the grassroots message of the campaign on social mediaFinance– Performing donor research– Assist in the management of event planning, including calling invitees and tracking RSVPs– Data entry pertinent to fundraising– Assisting with fundraising mailingsOther Tasks– Staffing campaign events and activities– Providing support to campaign events (do advance work, map out event logistics, arrange for event set up and breakdown, etc)To apply, please email a brief cover letter, resume, and possible start date to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to address this email account for any questions.NOTE: This is an unpaid internship. All interns should have access to reliable transportation, a laptop computer and cell phone. All interns should also have some evening and weekend availability.
- The National Democratic Training Committee (NDTC) is looking for interns on an ongoing basis to assist with our daily operations and goal of empowering Democrats who want to run for office.
Interns are responsible for supporting various facets of the office. They are expected to work with all team members and various projects, including but not limited to:
- Social Media
- Training Creation & Execution
We are always interested in people who might have a special skill set that is not listed above. If you’re good at what you do and think that skill could work with our organization – let us know! We love having a diverse group of interns.
This internship can be paid or be applied toward school credit. We are located in Downtown Chicago and expect a commitment of at least 15 – 20 hours a week.
The internship is best suited for incoming juniors and seniors in college or recent college graduates.
The ideal candidate must be efficient, well-organized, and have a sense of humor. We do not expect interns to come in and know everything, but we do expect an enthusiasm to learn and be a part of our team.
We are looking for people who can multi-task, work well with deadlines, follow the news, and are strongly committed to Democratic ideals. Candidates with excellent oral and written communication skills are preferred. Any campaign experience is highly desirable!
We are generally flexible with school schedules. If you are enthusiastic and excited about politics and local elections, this is a wonderful opportunity for growth.
NDTC as an Employer
NDTC believes that our differences enhance our strength as a political party—and as a nation—and we as an organization benefit from staff of diverse races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, economic backgrounds, abilities, and other facets of our identities.
Pass along your resume and cover letter to Emily@traindemocrats.org to start the application process.
Note: Though you may be expected to help with administrative tasks from time to time, this is not the kind of internship where you’ll be getting us coffee and printing out copies all day.